Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Mashiach

As a postmodern feminist Jew, I am supposed to frequent websites like www.jezebel.com and www.jewcy.com, however, I fail to do so, preferring to immerse myself in liberal news shows and Harry Potter.

Occasionally however, I do visit, and something catches my eye. That is the case with this photo, which brought me back to Jerusalem days, when I would schepp nachas from the fact that I was (depending on my current attitude towards the religious establishment0 either buying my long skirt in the same store where a Muslim woman was buying her hijab, or buying my tight t-shirt in the same store that the Muslim woman was buying her tight t-shirt in.

For those cynics out there, please remember what David Ben-Gurion said: "In order to be a realist, you need to be an optimist", or as Herzl said, "If you want it, it is not a legend" - ie it is reality - this sound better when you are belting it out in Hebrew.

On that note, I just want to say that I love Av, because I always feel mashiach is more likely to come during that month, since we are thinking about him/her so much during this time of year, and praying so much about mashiach. Of course, mashiach might come everyday, for the mercy of God is greater than we can fathom. So here's to hoping we will see each other soon in the newly rebuilt Beit Hamikdash - I will definitely take korban meat over fasting.

No comments:

Post a Comment