Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Smurfs (Blog Overlap + some)

A friend of mine recently shared this youtube clip with me: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qACNqaEkHmE

I usually try not to ingest feminism with my movies, because most things I find funny, when analyzed from a feminist perspective, are quite problematic. However, I would like to point out that the question, "Dude, what's the point of living if you don't have a dick?", in this case, is indicative of our culture's phallus-worship. There is no similiar worship reserved for female genitalia, especially female genitalia as sexual genitalia, as opposed to baby-popping canal. Imagine a similiar scene with women, with the term, "What's the point of living if you don't have a cunt?". It just wouldn't have the same ring to it. I would find it funny, but I doubt such a scene would sell well in mainsteam, male-centered culture.

Walking back from the Old City this morning, I thought about that clip, and remembered that there was a line in Sex and the City where Samantha says either "it was like being fucked by a smurf", or "it was like fucking a smurf". I tried to remember which, because the language of fucking is much more empowering and active than that of "being fucked", which places a woman in the passive sexual role (she is merely a receptacle for the man's semen) in which our patriarchal society loves to place her. I wondered, in terms of vernacular, if there is a difference - do men tend to say fuck or be fucked by, what do women say, and does it make a difference if they're talking about sex with a member of the same gender or not?

Then I thought to myself that this is why I never did drugs in high-school: If I think about such things while sober, imagine the kinds of things I'd think about while on acid - it would just be too much to handle.

Speaking of cunts and dicks, by the way, here is a brilliant youtube clip another friend sent me:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5_fpoHZEjI&feature=player_embedded

If this was done as a joke, its hysterical. If the person was serious, its quite scary.

No comments:

Post a Comment