Saturday, January 22, 2011

Welcome

Welcome to my new blog. In this section - and first post (yay!) I will attempt to answer to basic questions: 1. Who am I? 2. What do I envision as the purpose of this blog?

1. I am an Orthodox Jew who grew up on the Upper West Side of Manhattan. While this influences my thoughts on Judaism, Sex, and Gender, my viewpoint is often not the official Orthodox viewpoint, and should not be taken as such.

2. I will start with what this blog is not: It is not a raunchy review of fun sexual escapades, nor is it an online diary. It is a place for me to collect my thoughts about three important issues, and my life experiences may feature anecdotally inasmuch as they shape and are shaped by Judaism, sex and gender.

It is also meant to serve as an archive of material and websites related to JSG (Judaism, Sex and Gender), and as a forum for people to react to and discuss posted JSG materials.

I hope you enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment